During the winter months, it is hard not to fantasize about your toes in the sand, your waves steps away, and the relaxing sea breeze through your hair. But which beach destination is the best destination for you?
We listed our top beach destination recommendations to help you decide.
- Ka’anapali Beach in Lahaina, Maui was chosen by travelers as the #1 beach in TripAdvisor’s 2013 Travelers’ Choice Awards. TripAdvisor describes this pristine white beach as: “Clean, quiet, beautiful waters. Great for long walks, swimming, snorkeling, surfing, sunsets, views.” Wailea Beach on Maui’s south side earned sixth place on the same TripAdvisor list. And ResorTime has vacation rentals in Kihei, which is about a five-minute drive from Wailea. Several of the best dive boats to Molokini Crater leave from the Kihei boat ramp.
- Kailua-Kona, Hawaii is second here, but the beaches on the Big Island were #1 on the Top U.S. beach list of U.S. News & World Reports (Maui’s beaches came in second on that list). U.S. News singled out Hapuna, Kaunaoa and Kua Bay as its favorite beaches, and ResorTime’s Kailua-Kona resorts are not far from Kua Bay beach. Along with its beaches, popular attractions include hiking in the Waipio Valley and the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Myrtle Beach in South Carolina came in second on Travel Channel’s 2013 list of the best U.S. beaches in the U.S. and ninth on US News & World Reports’ list. We love Myrtle Beach for the variety of family activities available ranging from surf, sand and sunbathing to the Carolina Opry and the Myrtle Beach Skywheel. Myrtle Beach is a perennial Spring Break favorite. Myrtle Beach is so popular that it grabbed a spot on TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Destinations in the 2013 Travelers’ Choice Awards.
- Laguna Beach, CA is one of Southern California’s most charming beach towns, known for its art galleries, art fairs, foodie events and shimmering beaches. And the city is only a 30-minute drive from Disneyland. The Travel Channel ranked Laguna Beach #1 on its Top 10 Southern California Beaches list. And the beach itself is the #1 activity on TripAdvisor for Laguna Beach. Variety makes the beach popular because you can surf, skimboard or examine little critters in a tide pool without even getting wet.
- Princeville, Kauai – We return to Kauai in the Land of Aloha for our fifth beach destination. Not far from our resorts is Hanalei Bay and its namesake beach, which was Frommer’s top beach destination in 2012. Last year, Hanalei Beach came in third on National Geographic Traveler’s list of Top 10 Family Beaches and Yahoo! Travel chose it as one of Hawaii’s Top 10 beaches. Although George Clooney recently jogged on this beach in the film, “The Descendants,” Mitzi Gaynor first made Hanalei Beach famous when she washed that man right out of her hair as Nellie Forbush in “South Pacific.”
Before you pack and put on sunscreen, give us a call and let ResorTime (877)867-6506 help you land in some sand where you can sink your toes.