Ten years ago when people opted for a spa vacation, it meant they had massage treatments in Hawaii or had spent a lot of money to eat less, hike more and not be pampered at an ashram. The most important question to ponder in planning a Spa Vacation is: Do you want your vacation to revolve around the spa or the destination?
If you want to relax in a beautiful resort and have one, two or three spa treatments during a multi-day stay, you will want to choose a destination that offers a variety of activities including spa options. These five ResorTime destinations offer beautiful scenery, a plethora of activities and several day spa options:
- Carlsbad, California is a destination teeming with activities ranging from swimming and surfing to visiting Legoland or the San Diego Zoo. Day spa options include: Skinsational Day Spa, Ocean Pearl Spa, and Carlsbad Mineral Water Spa.
- Scottsdale, Arizona offers guests spectacular desert activities, first class shopping, and the Desert Botanical Garden. There are two spectacular day spas: the Spa at Camelback Inn and Willow Stream Spa at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess.
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado offers superior skiing and snowmobiling in the winter to stellar mountain biking or horseback riding in spring and summer. There are several first-rate local day spas including Emerald Moon Massage, Rocky Mountain Day Spa, Old Town Hot Springs and All Season Wellness Day Spa.
- Honolulu, Oahu has it all from historic Pearl Harbor and the Bishop Museum to shipwreck dives, surfing on the North Shore and the famous white sands of Waikiki. Day spa options include: The Shiatsu and Massage Center, Honua Therapeutic Massage and Mai Thai Massage, which all have high rankings on TripAdvisor’s list of Wellness & Spas in Honolulu.
- Cabo San Lucas offers Paradise just south of the border with beaches, golf courses and several day spas, including Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa and Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort & Spa.
For spa lovers that desire daily spa treatments and want to let other activities revolve around the spa schedule, you should seek out destinations with a great spa on the property. Three popular ResorTime U.S. Spa Resorts are:
- Catalina Canyon Resort and Spa where guests can snorkel, scuba dive, hike and enjoy island life on Catalina along with getting spa treatments;
- Los Abrigados Resort and Spa in Sedona, Arizona with twenty-two acres of scenic paths, fountains, and shade-filled hideaways where guests can go horseback riding, hike red rock formations or spend their days being pampered at the spa.
- Peninsula Island Resort and Spa on South Padre Island in Texas with area attractions that include the Schlitterbahn Beach Water Park, South Padre Island Golf and the Dolphin Research Center. The full service spa offers massage, body scrubs, wraps and spray tanning services.
Ready to relax? Chat with ResorTime online or give us a call at: (877) 477-7368. We can help you start that spa vacation by taking the stress out of planning your trip.