Orlando, Florida is a perfect destination for your next family vacation. Filled with a variety of theme parks, there is never any shortage of fun times. Orlando’s slogan of “Built for Families, Made for Memories,” is certainly an appropriate one.
Check out our list of top must-see sites for your next Orlando family vacation.
- No trip to Orlando is complete without a trip to Disney World. Disney World is the most visited attraction in the world, with an estimated attendance of over 52 million per year. Built as an East Coast secondary site for the original Disneyland, Disney World is a vast array of amusement parks that include the main theme of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the Animal Kingdom. You could easy spend days here with Mickey, so get your mouse ears ready!
- If marine life interaction interests you, you have a couple theme parks to choose from. First, you could go to SeaWorld to watch the whales and dolphins. Another possibility is to pay a little extra and go to Discovery Cove and swim with the bottlenose dolphins. Sticking with the water theme, you can take your pick of water parks between Typhoon Lagoon, Wet N Wild, Blizzard Beach and Aquatica, which is a SeaWorld park.
- Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are two more classic Orlando amusement parks. For Harry Potter enthusiasts, Islands of Adventure houses The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which is an absolutely amazing re-creation of Hogwarts Castle, among other Harry Potter icons including the infamous Butter Beer. You can purchase packages for both parks, which feature rollercoasters and other themed rides for entertainment franchises such as Transformers, Simpsons, Men In Black and Revenge of the Mummy.
- Another landmark is Universal CityWalk, which is quite the attraction at night, when you don’t need to pay for park admission. The area features lively restaurants like Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and Fat Tuesday. You can also catch a Blue Man Group show, an iconic show that combines music with comedy.
- Wekiwa Springs State Park is about a 25-minute drive from the heart of Orlando, but it is a relaxing retreat from the amusement parks that is well worth the drive. Wekiwa Springs State Park is a very scenic area where you can go for a swim in the springs or rent a kayak or canoe, or you can go for a hike on one of the nature trails. You can even see wildlife such as turtles and armadillos at this spot. Travel tip: go early in the day, or they will run out of kayaks/canoes.
ResorTime offers a wide variety of Orlando vacation rentals. Give us a call at (877) 477-7368 to book your next family vacation in Orlando.