California is certainly known for its grapes and hops. Wine Country is a culture in itself. Who can forget the Judgment of Paris in 1976, where California wine rated better than any French wine in blind taste tests? From then on, California became one of the top destinations in the country for wine lovers.
Check out our must-taste wineries in California for you to enjoy during your next California vacation.
- Castello di Amorossa. This winery just north of Napa Valley opened in 2007, but you would never be able to tell just from looking at it. If you know your Italian, you know that castello means castle, and this winery is just that. It is a 13th century medieval wine fortress, replete with a moat and a drawbridge that is authentic to Tuscany. It has a 12,000 square foot barrel room filled with some of the top wines in all of the state.
- Quintessa. This Napa Valley winery’s title is another play on words. The owner and founder wanted to make the “quintessential” wine estate and this is it. The estate is beautiful, featuring a valley, a lake, a river, five hills, four microclimates and various types of soil important to the wine process. Quintessa produces 40 different kinds of wine in 26 vineyard blocks.
- Imagery Estate Winery. This winery is in nearby Sonoma and for the last two years has been voted the top winery in the area. Imagery Winery is known for its beautiful atmosphere and art collection, which is a nice pairing to go along with over 15 kinds of wine. There are hundreds of international artists that design state of the art artwork for Imagery labels. Bocce ball is also a popular event at Imagery.
- Gundlach Bundschu. This is another winery in Sonoma Mountain. Gundlach is the oldest family-owned winery in California and has been a family winery for over 150 years. This vineyard has a very classic feel to it with rolling hills dominating its scenery. Wines made by Gundlach Bundschu receive some of the highest ratings by critics.
- Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyard. Located in the wine country of San Diego County, Temecula, Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyard is one of the most popular in the area. Their award-winning wines are a big hit among tourists and locals alike, and their grounds offer a beautiful view overlooking Temecula. They also have a new Creekside Grille restaurant, where you can enjoy a meal with your wine.
Book your next California vacation with ResorTime! Give us a call at (877) 477-7368.